Workers Compensation Lawyer Protecting Your Rights
Helping injured employees get the medical treatment and benefits they deserve
Invictus Law, P.C. guides injured workers throughout Orange County, California — including Santa Ana, Orange and Irvine — and Riverside and San Bernardino counties through the workers’ compensation process. If you are injured at work, either through an accident or through repeated exposures to stresses or toxic substances, you may qualify for workers’ compensation benefits. We represent field workers and construction workers, men and women employed in heavy industry, teachers, laborers, janitors and county employees.
Employees injured on the job must file a claim
The California Division of Workers’ Compensation governs the process under workers’ compensation law. All employers must carry workers’ compensation insurance. If an employee suffers an injury while on the job, he or she must report the accident or the injury to the employer and seek emergency medical attention. Once a claim is filed, the employee gets medical care from a company-approved medical professional.
When to get a Santa Ana workers’ compensation lawyer involved
The process doesn’t always work as it should. You might not get the wages you expect. You and your employer might disagree about whether the injury occurred on the job. At Invictus Law, P.C., we are knowledgeable about California workers’ compensation law and routinely handle the following issues:
- Notice, filing requirements and deadlines. We can ensure you meet all workers’ compensation requirements and deadlines for filing claims, ranging from the initial claim with your company’s claims administrator to an application for adjudication of your claim and a declaration of readiness to proceed if your initial claim was denied.
- Qualifying for disability benefits. Your company’s claims administrator, who may work at an insurance company, decides to accept or deny your workers’ compensation claim. We can help to ensure that qualifying for disability benefits becomes a stress-free process for you.
- Types of workers’ compensation benefits. Types of workers’ compensation benefits include medical care, temporary disability, long-term disability, supplemental job displacement and death benefits.
- Social Security Disability. You may be eligible for Social Security Disability benefits in addition to workers’ compensation. Social Security Disability benefits may also apply if workers’ compensation is denied. Our attorneys can review your situation and advise you on your benefits.
- Doctors and treatment. You can use your own doctors to treat your injury only if you gave your employer your doctor’s name and contact information prior to an injury. And this pre-designation is possible only if you receive health benefits for injuries that are not work-related.
- Preexisting conditions and medical care. If you have a preexisting condition, your workers’ compensation benefits could be limited to the proportion that can be attributed to your on-the-job injury. Invictus Law, P.C. assists you with navigating through California’s workers’ compensation laws and addressing any issues you have with medical care, including disagreements over diagnosis and treatment.
- When benefits end or are denied. If the claims administrator denies your claim, he or she believes workers’ compensation benefits don’t cover your injury. You have the right to challenge this decision. We can help you file an appeal and make sure it is done on time.
- Third-party liability claims. A party other than your employer, such as a machinery manufacturer, may be held liable for your injury. We can help you file against the third party involved and claim monetary damages in an action separate from workers’ compensation.
The workers’ compensation process can be complex and filled with paperwork, filing requirements and deadlines. We help you navigate through these and get the benefits you deserve, and we don’t get paid unless and until you do.
Get a free initial consultation with an Orange County workers’ compensation attorney
Invictus Law, P.C. helps injured workers get the compensation and benefits they need. Call us today at (949) 287-5711 or contact us online to set up your free initial consultation. Our firm does not require you to pay any up-front attorney’s fees. Se habla Español.