California Workers’ Compensation Attorneys for Industrial Accidents
Construction and factory work is among the most dangerous work in the United States. Hundreds of industrial workers are killed and thousands more are injured in workplace accidents every year. Industrial accidents can occur for any number of reasons. Regardless of how the accident occurred, industrial workers are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. If you were hurt on the job in California, do not let your employer or insurance provider tell you otherwise. With help from an experienced workers’ comp attorney, you can get the compensation you and your family deserve after your industrial injury.
The workers’ compensation attorney at Invictus Law, P.C. is ready to help you pursue workers’ compensation benefits and other options for recovery after your industrial accident. We’ll investigate the circumstances of your incident, build your workers’ comp claims, and fight for your right to maximum compensation for the harm you have endured.
Common Industrial Accidents
At Invictus Law, P.C., we help injured workers recover after all manner of industrial accidents and injuries. We’ll investigate your accident and build a case for maximum workers’ comp benefits in order to ensure that your medical costs, lost wages, incidental expenses, and other damages are properly compensated. We help victims of all manner of industrial incidents, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Chemical spills
- Chemical inhalation or exposure
- Fires and explosions
- Falls from height
- Scaffolding collapse
- Struck by a falling or flying object
- Slip and fall
- Heavy machinery accident
- Forklift and crane accidents
- Vehicular accident
- Welder’s eye
- Cumulative injuries such as back pain or carpal tunnel
- Building collapse
- Stuck in-between heavy objects
- Caught in machinery
What Workers’ Compensation Benefits Can I Recover After an Industrial Accident in California?
With help from a seasoned California workers’ compensation attorney at Invictus Law, you can obtain a variety of benefits after your industrial accident. California workers are entitled to several forms of compensation, depending upon the nature and severity of their injuries.
At Invictus Law, our workers’ comp team will help you maximize your workers’ comp recovery, including the following benefits:
- Medical Expenses. Workers’ compensation will cover the costs of medical care related to the worker’s injuries, as well as incidental expenses such as mileage reimbursement for medical travel. Medical care must be authorized in order to be covered.
- Temporary Disability (Lost Wages). California workers are entitled to receive a portion of the wages they miss while recovering from a workplace injury. If your doctor determines you are unable to return to work after your injury, you can collect two-thirds of your normal or average weekly earnings, up to a statutory maximum that adjusts each year. Temporary disability benefits are available for a set period of time, after which permanent disability would come into play.
- Permanent Disability. If you suffer a longer-term injury that inhibits your ability to work, you can collect permanent disability benefits. Permanent disability benefits are calculated based on the permanent loss of a bodily function, on a 0 to 100% scale. Depending on the nature and severity of the injury, workers may be eligible for permanent total disability (PTD) or permanent partial disability (PPD). PPD benefits are available for a set period while PTD may be collected for the rest of the worker’s life.
- Job Displacement Benefits. Workers who suffer a long-term injury that prevents them from returning to their prior job even after their condition has stabilized, but who are physically capable of working in a different position or industry, may collect supplemental job displacement benefits (SJDB). SJDBs come in the form of a $6,000 voucher intended to cover the costs of retraining the worker for a new position.
Additional benefits may be paid if the worker is not paid on time by the insurance provider. Talk to your workers’ compensation benefits attorney to discuss your case and ensure that you obtain any and all benefits to which you are entitled.
Invictus Law Is Ready to Help With Your Industrial Accident Claims in Orange County and the Inland Empire
If you’ve been injured in a factory or any other industrial job in California and need help securing thorough, comprehensive workers’ compensation benefits, contact an experienced and successful Orange County workers’ compensation lawyer at Invictus Law at 949-287-5711. We serve clients across Orange County and the Inland Empire, with offices in Orange and Ontario.