Knee and Elbow Injuries
Workers’ Compensation Specialist Serving Orange County and Inland Empire
At Invictus Law, P.C., we recognize the critical role that mobility plays in your daily life and work. Knee and elbow injuries, which can occur across various occupations, may not only limit your physical capabilities but also impact your ability to earn a living. Our dedicated team is committed to guiding claimants in Orange County and Inland Empire through the intricacies of California’s workers’ compensation system to secure the benefits they deserve. If you suffered a knee or elbow injury on the job in Southern California, call Invictus Law, P.C., to review your claim with a skilled and knowledgeable California workers’ comp specialist.
The Prevalence of Knee and Elbow Injuries at Work
Knee and elbow injuries in the workplace are more common than many might think. Whether due to repetitive strain or acute accidents, these injuries can be debilitating. Occupations that involve heavy lifting, repetitive motion, or sustained postures put workers at a higher risk. When these injuries arise in the course of employment, California workers’ compensation law is designed to provide recourse for affected workers.
Types of Knee and Elbow Injuries Covered
Workers’ compensation claims cover any type of work-related knee and elbow injury. Some of the most common types of injuries in the workplace include:
- Torn ligaments and meniscus injuries in the knee
- Fractures and dislocations of the elbow
- Bursitis and tendonitis resulting from repetitive movements
- Cumulative trauma disorders from prolonged strain or overuse
- Aggravation of pre-existing conditions while performing work-related duties
Your Rights Under California Workers’ Compensation Law
California law entitles workers who have sustained knee or elbow injuries on the job to certain benefits, regardless of who was at fault for the injury. These benefits include:
- Medical care that is reasonably required to cure or relieve the effects of the injury
- Temporary disability benefits if you lose wages because your injury prevents you from doing your usual job while recovering
- Permanent disability benefits if you don’t recover completely and your injury causes a permanent loss of function
- Supplemental job displacement benefits if you don’t recover completely and need to be retrained for another job
- Death benefits paid to the dependents of a worker who dies from a job injury or illness
The Claim Process: Steps to Protect Your Rights
If you have suffered a knee or elbow injury at work, it’s crucial to follow the appropriate steps to protect your rights:
- Report the Injury: Notify your employer about the injury immediately. In California, you have 30 days from the date of the injury to inform your employer, but early reporting is key.
- Seek Medical Attention: Obtain a thorough medical evaluation to document your injuries. This will serve as a cornerstone for your claim.
- File a Claim: Complete a workers’ compensation claim form (DWC 1) and submit it to your employer. They must then forward it to their insurance company.
- Consult with a Workers’ Compensation Attorney: Engaging with an attorney can ensure your claim is accurately filed and that you are receiving all the benefits you’re entitled to.
Why Choose Invictus Law, P.C.?
At Invictus Law, P.C., we have a profound understanding of the challenges faced by those suffering from workplace injuries. Our Board-Certified Workers’ Compensation Specialist possesses extensive experience in representing clients with workplace injuries, ensuring that they receive comprehensive legal support throughout the claim process. We are committed to providing personalized attention and tailoring our strategies to meet the unique circumstances of each case.
Our firm’s focus on serving clients in Orange County and the Inland Empire provides us with local knowledge of the courts and players in the workers’ compensation system in Riverside, Ontario, San Bernardino, Orange, Anaheim and Huntington Beach. This expertise allows us to more efficiently and successfully navigate the regional offices associated with your claim.
We diligently advocate for our clients to receive the maximum compensation possible. Our approach involves meticulous case preparation, negotiation with insurance companies, and, when necessary, robust representation at workers’ compensation hearings. What’s more, our commitment to our clients extends beyond the claim process. We offer guidance on medical care coordination and advice on dealing with employment repercussions following a workplace injury.
Get the Support You Need Today
If you’ve experienced a knee or elbow injury at work, don’t navigate the complex path to recovery alone. Contact Invictus Law, P.C. to schedule a consultation with a skilled and dedicated attorney. We’ll help you understand your rights and work tirelessly to secure the benefits you need to get back on your feet. Call 949-284-5711 or 888-9WORKLAW today.