Workers’ Compensation for Office Injuries
The most common injury leading to workers’ compensation is not factory explosions, fires, or scaffolding collapses. Nationwide, a fall is the single biggest cause of workplace injury. Slips, trips, and falls account for a full one-third of all personal injuries at work–and they can happen anywhere. Slip-and-fall accidents happen in office buildings just like they happen on construction sites and in factories. Office workers are also susceptible to injuries for countless other reasons, including elevator collapse, staircase collapse, and other building hazards.
If you’ve been hurt on the job in an office building in Orange County or the Inland Empire, you are not alone. A California workers’ compensation attorney at Invictus Law, P.C. can help you get the medical care and wage loss benefits that you are owed.
Common Office Accidents
The seasoned office injury attorney at Invictus Law helps office workers recover after a wide range of office accidents. If you were hurt in an incident at your Southern California office, we’re ready to talk to you. Some of the more common incidents leading to office injuries in California include:
- Slips, trips, and falls. Falls are a leading cause of workplace injury nationwide. Falls can happen because of loose carpets, uneven surfaces, wet floors, discarded equipment, loose electrical wires, inadequate hallway lighting, or any number of other hazards.
- Staircase injury. Office workers who stumble because of loose stairs, broken stairs, faulty handrails, floor collapse, or other staircase injury can recover for their medical expenses and other damages.
- Elevator collapse. Elevator collapse can lead to serious injury, especially in a tall office building. Uneven elevator-to-floor space also commonly leads to trip-and-falls. If you’ve been hurt in an elevator accident, talk to a California workers’ comp attorney ASAP to ensure you maximize your compensation.
- Repetitive stress disorders. Office workers who sit at a desk all day typing or who perform other repetitive, strenuous tasks commonly suffer from overuse injuries. Our workers’ comp team can help you get compensated for carpal tunnel syndrome, lower back issues, strains, sprains, and other overuse and cumulative injuries.
- Viruses and contagions. If you were exposed to a virus while at work, such as COVID-19, you could be entitled to workers’ comp. Special rules apply to coronavirus contamination, so make sure to discuss your case with a savvy California workers’ comp attorney.
- Mental health disorders. California workers’ compensation covers mental illness as well as physical illness. Anxiety disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and other mental health issues are compensable so long as the worker suffers a diagnosable condition, and that condition can be tied to the workplace environment. Mental health conditions are trickier than physical ailments to tie to the office, which is why it’s vital to have a seasoned workers’ comp lawyer on your side.
Workers’ Compensation Benefits Available to Office Workers
The seasoned office injury workers’ comp legal team at Invictus Law has years of experience fighting for maximum benefits for all manner of injured workers, whether you were hurt in a factory, on a construction site, or in the office. Office injuries can be just as serious as accidents in any other workplace, and California office workers are entitled to the same benefits.
Depending upon the nature and severity of your injuries, our office injury workers’ comp lawyers will help you collect workers’ comp benefits, including:
- Temporary disability/lost wages
- Permanent disability
- Medical care
- Incidental medical expenses
- Supplemental job displacement benefits
We’ll fight to ensure you get coverage for all of the medical care you need for your workplace injury, and we’ll work to maximize your wage replacement and other benefits as well. If your injuries prevent you from returning to office work, we’ll help you get your job displacement benefits to cover retraining and re-education to pursue a new career.
Invictus Law Is Ready to Help With Your Office Injury Claims in Orange County and the Inland Empire
If you’ve been injured in a Southern California office and need help securing thorough, comprehensive workers’ compensation benefits, contact a knowledgeable and passionate Orange County workers’ compensation lawyer at Invictus Law at 949-287-5711. We serve clients across Orange County and the Inland Empire, with offices in Orange and Ontario.