Injured Your Shoulder at Work?
Our California Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Are Standing by to Help
The shoulder is one of the most commonly injured body parts in the workplace. Any number of activities in construction, warehousing, and even office work can lead to a shoulder injury. Shoulder damage, whether caused by repetitive stress over time or a single traumatic accident, can be painful, debilitating, and affect your ability to work for years to come.
If you have suffered a shoulder injury at work, you are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. A seasoned workers’ compensation attorney at Invictus Law, P.C. is ready to help you get the benefits you are owed after a workplace shoulder injury. We will investigate the circumstances surrounding your injury, gather evidence for your workers’ comp claims, and fight for your right to recover comprehensive compensation for the damage you have endured.
What Causes Workplace Shoulder Injuries?
California workers’ compensation provides coverage for workplace shoulder injuries. Shoulder injuries are incredibly common in the workplace, resulting from both acute injury and overuse. Physically intensive or awkward job tasks can take a toll on the body over time, leading to a cumulative injury. Like traumatic injuries, cumulative injuries are covered by workers’ compensation so long as the damage was caused by work-related tasks.
At Invictus Law, we help workers recover compensation for all manner of shoulder injuries. We help employees secure coverage for injuries caused by, for example:
- Lifting and pushing. Many construction, warehouse, and factory jobs require lifting, moving, and pushing heavy objects. Restocking shelves, moving heavy machinery, and pushing equipment or other heavy objects can put excessive stress on the shoulder tendons, ligaments, and joints over time. Making these repetitive, stressful motions over years can lead to rotator cuff injury, severe tendonitis, and other conditions.
- Falls are a leading cause of workplace injury, including both slip and falls and falls from a height. The impact from a ladder fall, falling from scaffolding, or even from slipping, tripping, and falling at ground level can lead to severe shoulder damage, including fractures, dislocation, sprains, strains, and tears.
- Repetitive motions. Even if a given motion does not involve excessively heavy objects, if the motion causes physical stress and is conducted repeatedly for a long period of time, injury can result. Typing, picking up boxes, moving objects – all of these movements put a strain on the shoulder. After years of repetitive stress, shoulder joint inflammation can occur, as well as strains and sprains on the shoulder tendons and muscles. Tendonitis, bursitis, and other impairments to shoulder mobility and use commonly result. In severe cases, workers can suffer tendon or ligament rupture, leading to severe pain and disability.
- Machinery vibration. Heavy machinery in factories, construction, and other industries puts stress on the shoulders with constant, low or mid-level vibrations. Over time, workers can start to develop mild pain which can then evolve into a more serious, long-term condition.
Helping Workers Recover Compensation For All Types of Workplace Shoulder Injuries
If you were injured in a California workplace, Invictus Law has your back. We have decades of experience helping California workers get the compensation they are due after a workplace injury. We’ll fight for your right to compensation for workplace shoulder injuries like:
- Shoulder sprains and strains
- Shoulder muscle, tendon, or nerve tears
- Overuse injuries and repetitive stress
- Dislocated shoulder
- Labrum tears
- Impaired range of motion
- Rotator cuff injury
- Shoulder bone fracture
- Peripheral nerve impairment
- Frozen shoulder, a.k.a. adhesive capsulitis
Invictus Law Is Ready to Offer Stellar Advice and Effective Representation for Your Workplace Shoulder Injury Claim in Orange County and the Inland Empire
If you’ve been injured on the job in California and need help securing quick, comprehensive workers’ compensation benefits, contact a trusted and comprehensive Orange County workers’ compensation lawyer at Invictus Law at 949-287-5711, serving Orange County and the Inland Empire with offices in Orange and Ontario.